Friday, March 14, 2008

A Return to Sense & Civility


Did you catch this article?

Ruth La Ferla discusses the return to old-fashioned civility as seen at Fashion Week, where sheaths and shifts evoking the White House years of Jackie & Jack abound.

Designer Thakoon Panichgul is quoted saying, “There is an energy about being proper. It’s not about wholesomeness, it’s about respectability, about having manners again.”

While I wouldn’t consider myself an expert on all things proper, I’m certainly no Lindsay Lohan either.

Here are my tips for being a lady with manners.
o Always brings a hostess gift. I like giving orchid plants for overnight stays and wine for dinner parties.
o Always send a handwritten thank-you note. No, email will not suffice.
o Always wear an outfit your Grandma would approve of. (Admittedly, this rule is much easier said and done post-college).

No comments: