Monday, April 14, 2008

Signed, Sealed & Delivered

Well our Save-the-Dates are in the trusty hands of the United States Postal Service now. I made sure to send one to my parents a few days before the rest of the family would receive theirs. My dad's response? "I got something in the mail today reminding me when you're getting married! Did ya think I'd forget the date?" You've got to love a father's reaction to all of the wedding planning details.

And when it comes to details, I can find a lot to obsess over. So when it came time to stamp the save-the-dates, the Liberty Bell stamp just wasn't what I was looking for (could be cute for a Philly wedding, though).

I was delighted to find these at my local Post Office (was not so delighted to spend my entire lunch break waiting in line to buy them):



Our wedding is in a quaint Adirondack lake town. A town where one of the main attractions is taking boat tours to view the great Adirondack camps, like this:


I thought the stamps were perfect. I'm thinking about finding some great vintage stamps for our invitations, but I'm not so sure I'm up to the task of collecting them. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

I love the stamp idea...what a cute detail! Will you and Mr. Bliss be speeding off an a speedboat after the wedding? hehe...I'd love to see your save-the-dates. When will you share them with us?

jessica lynn said...

love your blog! i tagged you on my blog if you want to play!!

daria said...

Well hello Miss Bliss!
Zoe from Zoe Ink told me that you had a blog, so I found it!
And I must say it's adorable!!
You have wonderful ideas and I'm so excited to document all of your fun details for you on your wedding day!
I can't wait to hang out with you and the future Mr. Bliss!!
Have fun with your planning!!
xo daria bishop

Ms. Bliss said...

Alexandra - the save the dates will be posted by the end of the week!

Jessica Lynn - I am working on my 6 facts. And I remember reading your blog when you were awaiting the proposal!

Daria - I'm so glad you found me! We are waiting for it to get a little bit greener here to call you for the engagement photos. I can't wait!